Energy Operations and Customer Service Assistant – Community Power
About Community Power:
Community Power is Ireland’s first community owned electricity supplier and is supplying electricity to domestic and commercial customer across Ireland. Community Power purchases and sells electricity on behalf of its customers and is working to support and promote the concept of local energy markets within communities where citizens and communities actively participate in renewable energy generation and distribution projects, for the benefit of their local community.
For further information please visit: www.communitypower.ie
About the Role:
The Energy Operations & Customer Service Assistant will work in the Operations department supporting all day-to-day activities which are required within a customer facing Energy Supply Company. The role is varied with real learning opportunities across several areas. You will be supported through this learning process by both in-house support and by outsourced energy operations experts.
The core purpose of the role is to support customer queries and complaints, support monthly billing, learn about and develop operational capability to run some processes. To learn all internal IT systems including ‘Salesforce’ and our Customer Billing System used to communicate with the electricity market and bill our customers.
Specific Duties & Tasks:
- Taking ownership of a problem, query, complaint and seeing it through to resolution within the company service level agreements
- Provide excellent customer service for all customers, associates and partners on the phone and via email.
- Excellent phone manner and call handling skills
- Process and administer all transactions on a ‘right first-time basis’.
- Adhere to compliance the Energy Regulator rules & regulations and follow reporting procedures.
All the following duties will be trained during the initial phase of the appointment.
- Customer database updates ensuring all records are accurate and up to date
- Liaise with electricity market operators (ESBN, MRSO and RMDS) where required to resolve messaging issues.
- Complete the (New Customer) sales process in all systems and issue Welcome Packs
- Execute necessary manual and automatic processes for consumers
- Issue ‘Smart Metering Primer’ and reminder communications to relevant customers
- Issue smart services changes
- Issue meter change requests.
- Support Change of tenancy process
- Support billing run end to end including pre tasks, checks, accuracy checks post billing,
- Support bill query resolution with deep dive resolution of read and bill analysis.
- Set up customers in direct debit system
- Support customer meter reading process
- Support payments and returns process
- Support debt flagging and debt management process
- Update Community Power procedure manual as understanding and knowledge in each task established.
- Regular learning of new industry processes and staying updated with industry changes and how operations will be impacted.
Skills & Expertise:
- Leaving cert required
- Good numeracy skills necessary for working with billing and billing corrections.
- Experience and capability in MS Office suite a must (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Comfortable learning new systems
- Analytical approach to problem solving (e.g. billing queries require analytical approach to breaking down an issue to identify the problem and find a resolution)
- Excellent communication skills, ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing
- Excellent attention to detail when processing transactions
- Ability to react to changing priorities.
- Good time management and ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Experience in the energy sector an advantage but not necessary – training will be provided for all process related tasks.
- Self-starter, independent worker who is motivated, reliable and committed to finding solutions independently and learning new skills.
- Accepts that learning is fundamental to the role and will be required throughout, especially in the early stage of the role.
- Openness and desire to learn new skills essential
- Customer service skills with a natural ability to build rapport and empathise
- Full time permanent contract
- 5 days per week (Monday to Friday 9.00 – 5.30)
- Exclusively office based in Nenagh, County Tipperary (no remote work)
All applicants must submit a cover letter and a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
*****CLOSING DATE 11TH JUNE 2022*******