Price Change effective from 1st October 2022
Unfortunately, there has been no let-up in volatility of energy prices and as a result we will be increasing our prices effective from October 1st 2022. You will see how the energy crisis is topping the agenda for all European governments and our own government with the acceptance that a redesign of our energy markets is the only solution to capping the incomprehensible energy prices. We are hopeful that this will happen, but it will take time and as we wait for intervention, we are still forced to buy energy to provide to you at prices which are over 10 times what they were this time last year.
We have made every attempt to develop our own generation capacity through our 2 X 5MW Community Owned Solar Farms but have been thwarted over the last year by unforeseen delays which has stifled our ability to progress these projects and generate renewable electricity ourselves. We anticipate that these community-owned solar farms will be operational in Q3 for 2023 and once these solar farms come on stream, we will be in a much stronger position to offer more competitive and market-comparable rates to our customers.
As a Community Power customer, you will see an overall increase of 38% on your bill. For the average customer, this will mean a rise of €60.46 per month based on the Estimated Annual Bill EAB¹ effective from 1st October 2022.
¹EAB reference is based on our Urban Day/Night tariff.
* The calculations above are based on CRU approved annual consumption figures (4200 kWh’s p.a.). These figures may not reflect your actual consumption.
* For the purposes of calculating Day/Night values we have used the assumption of Day (50% usage) and Night (50% usage), with the respective time band Day 8am to 11pm, and Night 11pm to 8am.
* Smart (SST) Tariff considers the following time band: Day 8am to 5pm and 7pm to 11pm, Night 11pm to 8am, and Peak 5pm to 7pm. The SST calculations are based on estimated daily consumption breakdown of Day (63%), Night (24%), Peak (13%). Therefore these figures may not reflect your actual consumption.
* The prices outlined in the calculations are inclusive of VAT 9.0% effective from 1st May 2022.
* PSO Annual Levy is €56.24 including VAT from 1st October 2021 to 30th September 2022. PSO Levy is set to zero euro, effective from the 1st of October 2022.
For further information on our tariffs – Click here