This package of allowances is in regards to the costs of running your household. The package is available to everyone aged over 70 and to people under age 70 in certain circumstances.

If you change your electricity supplier, it is your responsibility to notify the Department of this change. You must provide proof of your new energy provider (utility bill in your name) from the change date.

If you have a question relating to this topic you can contact the Citizens Information Phone Service on 0761 07 4000 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 8pm) .